Sunday, January 11, 2009
Second pair of Colorspun Socks - DONE!
Just finished the cast off on these babies. I knit them two-at-once, toe-up on size 3 US circs, as I wanted a nice, dense fabric. Also, I did a very wide, blunt toe, because the recipient is diabetic. Here they are in their unwashed, unblocked state. For the cast off, I knit the last row onto size 8 US circs, then did the cast off row. I've found that going up several needle sizes for the cast off leaves the cuffs stretchy and comfy without too much of a flair at the top. BTW, these were knit for a man, size 11 1/2 - 12 shoe.
Overall, I can't say I love Colorspun for socks, but I can't say I hate it either. It compares to Lion Brand Wool-Ease in feel, although I think it is a smidge thicker. Care-wise, these should be easy-peasy, since they're mostly acrylic with a bit of wool.
Tomorrow, these go into the mail to the recipient and I will get back to knitting socks for me. :-)
EDIT: It could be my laptop screen, but the lime green in these socks doesn't show up at all! They're lime green, pink, yellow, blue, and have a smidge of a dusky orange color.