Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Welcome to My Nightmare--no wait, that's an old Alice Cooper album....

Welcome to my knitting addiction. I got tired of e-mailing photos of my latest knitting projects to my knitty friends, so I've broken down and created a blog for such things. I've been knitting seriously for about three years now, obsessed with socks since 2006, when my New Year's resolution was to learn how to knit them. I'll try to keep this updated with my latest projects. Who knows - maybe it'll help me finish things up.

At the moment, I'm the queen of frustration because I was 9 inches into a pair of socks knit from a hand-dyed Merino wool I won on eBay last October when I realized that these things were not going to fit. I'd dropped down to size 0 US (2mm) needles and forgot to compensate by upping the number of cast on stitches. The words I said upon realizing this mistake made my bunny's ears droop. Now I'm torn between frogging everything - both socks! - completely and starting over, or just say @#$@ it and frogging past the heel so I can turn them into fingerless gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment