Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finished socks - Moda Dea Pair #2

I finished the second pair of Moda Dea Vision socks yesterday, but they're a gift, so I'm not going to post photos until after the recipient sees them. I'd hate to spoil all of the surprise. She knows that I'm knitting socks for her, but she has no clue how they look completed.

I cast on the third Moda Dea pair this morning. One thing I love about this yarn is how quickly it knits up. The downside is that after you've been knitting this on US size 5 needles for a while, you feel like you're knitting with hypodermic needles when you go back to US size 0 or 1. After I finished the second pair last night, I picked up the green Swizzle socks (on size 0), and it seemed to take forever just to finish a row. I suspect that neither of my works in progress for myself will get done before the end of the year, as I have three pairs of gift socks yet to knit (all in worsted weight, so at least they'll go quickly) as well as a couple of string bags and washcloths. I think next year I'll tell people that if they want socks or other knitted goodies for Xmas, they have to let me know by June. That way, I won't get stuck knitting so furiously in early December like I have for the past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment