Friday, November 28, 2008

First Moda Dea pair - DONE! :-)


I finished my first pair of Moda Dea Vision socks last night. Happily, I was able to get a lot of knitting done while driving (OK, riding while DBF drove) to and from Charlotte for Thanksgiving. These are really thick socks, so much so that they make my spindly ankles look thick. The thickness issue (the socks, not my ankles :-) ) may prove problematic if I try to wear them with anything but clogs (my preferred footwear), but they are wonderfully warm.

I'll post a yarn review later, but for now I'll just say that I was delighted at how quickly these socks worked up. The yarn is soft but feels durable, and I had no problems with it being splitty. No knots in the first two skeins, either! The colorway is much prettier than it shows up in the photo. I can't wait to see how the other two colorways knit up. I've just cast on the toes for the Glade pair.

2 comments:

  1. These look very nice, like the colourway. What method did you use? Up or down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I knit these toe-up, short row garter stitch heel. I normally don't do ribbing all the way up the calf, but this yarn seemed to ask for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete